Terms and Conditions
At Justtheanswer, we take the privacy of your personal information very seriously. All your data is stored on our secure servers and the 1998 Data Protection Act covers your rights.
All the personally identifiable information you provide to the Justtheanswer panel is confidential and will not be given out to anyone. You will receive no advertising or solicitations as a result of your participation. Your information will be stored in our proprietary database, and will only be used to match your attributes with specific research studies. At no time will your identity be revealed.
Disclosure of your personal information
Absolutely no personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties. Your answers to survey questions remain anonymous. At no time will third parties be able to identify you or contact you in any way without your express consent.
Use of your responses to surveys
The answers you provide to our surveys will remain anonymous and only analysed along with all the other respondent answers. This information may be aggregated at postcode or other levels for the building of statistical and analytical tables. When you click on the 'Next', 'OK' or 'Submit' button during a survey, you will forward your question responses Justtheanswer, who collates the information. Only the anonymised answers will be shared with the sponsoring company.
Storage of personal information
Your information will be safeguarded under the 1998 Data Protection Act.
For optimal navigation of the Justtheanswer site, session cookies will be stored on your machine. These cookies do not store any information about you and are only used to enable better navigation and will expire once your visit to the site has ended. Optimal functionality of the site therefore depends upon your browser accepting session cookies however, if you choose not to accept session cookies you will still be able to navigate through the site, though the ease of navigation will be limited.
Terms and Conditions for the Justtheanswer panel website
The following terms govern the use of this website, and, if you do not agree to be bound by them, please leave the website now:
This part of the Justtheanswer panel website has been put together to comply with English law; it is intended to be accessed by residents of the United Kingdom. All visits to this part of the website shall be governed by English law.
No permission to copy, reproduce, modify, or download this website (or any part of it) is given other than a single copy for personal use or reference.
All trademarks used on this website belong to Justtheanswer, Aurora Market Research or the registered proprietor of such trademarks. All rights relating to such trademarks, copyright, and any other intellectual property rights are reserved for Aurora Market Research or the organisation contributing the relevant materials.
Any information on this website is up-to-date at the time it is posted but is subject to subsequent variation, without notice. The information on this website is also intended for general information purposes only. The views and opinions expressed on the website are not necessarily those of Justtheanswer or Aurora Market Research.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information on this website, no guarantee is given and Aurora Market Research accepts no responsibility or liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained within the website, which is provided on an "as is" basis. Aurora Market Research shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of your use of this website.
Any third-party software which may be downloaded from a website operated by a third party (whether referred to on or linked to this website) is the responsibility of that party and not of Aurora Market Research who shall have no responsibility or liability arising in respect of any loss, damage, viruses, or otherwise arising as a result of the downloading by you of such software.
Where this website is hypertext linked to any website operated by any third party, Aurora Market Research accepts no responsibility or liability arising in respect of any content on such website. Any mention of products or companies should not be understood by you as being an endorsement of, or a statement of affiliation with, any such products or companies.
Using the Internet to collect and process data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this web site and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal of personal data in this way.
Market Research - General
1. Market research must always be carried out objectively and in accordance with established scientific principles.
2. Marketing research must always conform to the national and international legislation which applies in those countries involved in a given research project.
The Rights of Respondents
3. Respondents' cooperation in a marketing research project is entirely voluntary at all stages. They must not be misled when being asked for their cooperation.
4. Respondents' anonymity must be strictly preserved. If the Respondent on request from the Researcher has given permission for data to be passed on in a form which allows that Respondent to be personally identified:
(a) the Respondent must first have been told to whom the information would be supplied and the purposes for which it will be used, and also
(b) the Researcher must ensure that the information will not be used for any non-research purpose and that the recipient of the information has agreed to conform to the requirements of this Code.
5. The Researcher must take all reasonable precautions to ensure that Respondents are in no way directly harmed or adversely affected as a result of their participation in a marketing research project.
6. The Researcher must take special care when interviewing children and young people. The informed consent of the parent or responsible adult must first be obtained for interviews with children.
7. Respondents must be told (normally at the beginning of the interview) if observation techniques or recording equipment are being used, except where these are used in a public place. If a Respondent so wishes, the record or relevant section of it must be destroyed or deleted. Respondents' anonymity must not be infringed by the use of such methods.
8. Respondents must be enabled to check without difficulty the identity and bona fides of the Researcher.
The Professional Responsibilities of Researchers
9. Researchers must not, whether knowingly or negligently, act in any way which could bring discredit on the marketing research profession or lead to a loss of public confidence in it.
10. Researchers must not make false claims about their skills and experience or about those of their organisation.
11. Researchers must ensure the security of all research records in their possession.
12. When acting in their capacity as Researchers the latter must not undertake any non-research activities, for example database marketing involving data about individuals which will be used for direct marketing and promotional activities. Any such non-research activities must always, in the way they are organised and carried out, be clearly differentiated from marketing research activities.
We will award you answerpoints for completing surveys for us. There is a set number of points needed to obtain a reward. This will be subject to change but Aurora Market Research will ensure that a range of offers is always available. Answerpoints have no cash value.
All rewards are subject to availability. Redeemed points cannot be used again. Rewards may be refused or cancelled.
Prize draw rules
The prize draws will conducted by Justtheanswer, a division of Aurora Market Research. The prize draw, when offered, will take place on the last day of the month (or the nearest working day).
Any member of the Justtheanswer panel who has converted answerpoints into prize draw entries will be entered into the prize draw. Winners will be selected at random by computer.
Prizes awarded may vary each prize draw. Full details of the next draw will be published on the web site.
The prize draws are open to UK residents aged 16 or over. Persons connected with Aurora Market Research are ineligible.
Winners will be notified by email usually within seven days of the end of the prize draw and on at least three separate occasions by email and or post. However, the prize must be claimed in writing (post or email) within 60 days of the prize draw winner being notified. Unclaimed prizes will be deemed void. Winners will be required to provide proof of identity to be eligible for the prize.
Aurora Market Research reserves the right to be able to list previous prize draw winners on the Justtheanswer panel website or in promotional literature. Details will be limited to title, surname and the county in which you reside. We may request photographs, though these will be optional. No other identifying details will be revealed.
Aurora Market Research reserves the right to amend the details and terms and conditions of the prize draw at any time.
Aurora Market Research reserves the right to provide alternative prizes to those detailed of an equal or greater value. Aurora Market Research also reserves the right not to provide cash alternatives.
No correspondence will be entered into.
Other member benefits
Justtheanswer will continually be looking to provide panellists with other member benefits and choices in the future.
Further details of these benefits will be emailed to all registered panellists as they become available.
Terms and Conditions, relating to these benefits should they be different to those stated above, will be detailed in full at the time the benefits are announced in both email communication and on the members' login pages.
Monitoring of telephone calls and e-mails
Your telephone calls and e-mails to us may be recorded and monitored for quality control purposes. We may also intercept communications made to individual members of staff at Aurora Market Research when this is required for business purposes.
The site may contain links to other websites. Aurora Market Research is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of any websites which are linked to the site.
For more information please contact:
Aurora Market Research